Which device and browser should I use for the conference?
Wonder works on your browser, no need to download anything. Wonder only fully works in Chrome and Firefox and not on mobile devices.
How can I make the best use of my connection?
With many people in lock down, or without access to high speed internet, we understand you’ll need to make the most of the connection you have available. Here are a few recommendations to help you do this:
- Ask family members or roommates if they could reduce internet usage during the symposium.
- Find the spot your connection is the strongest and nest there for the day — use the cable, sit close to the router — whatever works.
- Close any tabs that you don’t need (a shout-out to OneTab, an Add-On that regularly saves our lives) and temporarily disable synchronization if not needed. If possible, limit your connection to wonder.
- If your connection is slow, switching off your camera may help.
What happens if I have technical issues on the day?
- Start by refreshing your browser tab — F5 on PCs or Command + R on Macs.
- Still having problems? Use the group chat to seek technical support or hover over the helpdesk area or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. After you’ve requested tech support, one of our team will message you directly.
What’s your Code of Conduct?
You can read our Code of Conduct here. Please read this before attending the symposium.
How do I join the conversation on social media?
We’d love you to share your stories, thoughts photos with us on social media. You’ll find us on Twitter @ArtInvisibility. The event hashtag is: #ArtInvisibility20.